We believe all businesses should be part of the business rates system so that the tax burden is shared fairly.
We need businesses from across the country to get involved and support the campaign to make our case to Government.
We are asking businesses to:
- Make a public declaration of support – complete the form and we will add you to the list of supporters.
- Complete the online survey – to get our story heard we need case studies. Please tell us your experience, so we can build up vital evidence.
- Write to your MP
- Spread the word! Share details of the campaign with other businesses on social media using the hashtags #businessrates, #fairbusinessrates and #HMRC (more information on using social media is suggested below).
Writing to your MP
Writing to your MP to explain how you feel about business rates is a powerful way to get your voice heard.
- Find your MP – the Parliament Website lists MPs and email addresses, and you can search by location or name.
- Write your letter – explain why you think the business rates system needs to change. You can download the template letter to help.
Sharing posts on social media will help to raise the profile of the campaign and galvanise support. You can also share your own stories or use our suggested posts below:
- We’re supporting the Campaign for Fair Business Rates – the current system is unfair & must change – join us www.fairbusinessrates.co.uk
- We’ve just signed the public declaration of support for the Campaign for Fair Business Rates – join us www.fairbusinessrates.co.uk
- Change business rates now – www.fairbusinessrates.co.uk
- Join the Campaign for Fair Business Rates and help change the unfair business rates system – www.fairbusinessrates.co.uk
- Unfair business rates are damaging our business – join the Campaign for Fair Business Rates www.fairbusinessrates.co.uk
Don’t forget to add the following hashtags:
If you know your MP and your MP knows you, tag them too.